MicroStation is the world’s leading information modeling environment explicitly for the architecture, engineering, construction, and operation of all infrastructure types including utility systems, roads and rail, bridges, buildings, communications networks, water and wastewater networks, process plants, mining, and more.
It helps engineers meet the demanding requirements of architectural, engineering, construction, operations (AECO), and geospatial professionals. It is ideally suited for all infrastructure types, and can be used either as a software application or as a technology platform for a wide range of discipline-specific applications from Bentley and others.
Why should you learn?
It is comprehensive design, engineering, and simulation applications.
MicroStation can meet the needs of infrastructure teams across every discipline throughout design, construction, and operations. It is relied upon for speed, power, precision, and confidence by about 47 of the top 50 ENR design firms in the world. It is used in 143 countries and supports 13 languages.
At CADD Centre, we help you master the following features of MicroStation:
- MicroStation’s highly interoperable environment that ensures information from diverse sources is integrated and accessible on demand by your team, empowering the incorporation of any design data, regardless of format.
- Extensive Format Interoperability – Precise incorporation of existing data from an extensive range of AECO and geospatial formats including DGN, RealDWGTM, DXF, PDF, point clouds, U3D, 3DS, Rhino 3DM, IGES, Parasolid, ACIS SAT, CGM, STEP AP203/AP214, STL, OBJ, VRMLWorld, Google Earth KML, SketchUp SKP, Collada, ESRI SHP, IFC, and more.
- Geocoordination – Automatic transformation and integration of geospatial information supporting hundreds of geospatial coordinate systems and ensuring spatial information is always displayed in its proper context.
- You will make the best design, construction, and operational decisions by having ready access to all of the applicable information
- You will confidently produce trusted deliverables such as precise drawings, information-rich 3D PDFs and 3D plots that enable performance simulation of designs, including lifelike rendering and compelling animations.
- You will integrate a comprehensive breadth and depth of engineering geometry and data from an unmatched range of CAD software and engineering formats
- You will build better infrastructure by accurately predicting the infrastructure’s real-world performance in advance.
- You will know how to track and report on changes made to designs down to the component-level throughout the model’s lifecycle including revision control, roll-back of changes, and visual display of historical changes.
- You will learn to design file controls to ensure that only authorized individuals can view, edit, or print designs within a user-defined time limit.