AutoCAD RCC/Structural Detailing software is built on the familiar AutoCAD software platform. It helps structural engineers, detailers and fabricators create detailing and fabrication shop drawings.
Why should you learn?
AutoDesk’s 3dS Max is widely used by architects and civil engineers for 3D visualization of their designs. Though, you will use CAD software for drawings, you can bring them into 3dS Max for rendering photo-realistic visualization. Though you can get decent renders out of CAD software, 3ds Max can provide the control you need in your render settings. Most architects and engineers use CAD software and BIM tools for modeling and prefer 3ds Max for rendering.
You can engineers, detailers, and fabricators create more precise detailing and fabrication shop drawings for a variety of steel and concrete structures.
You can do 3D reinforcement beam design, view reinforced concrete element geometry in 3D, automatically generate views and details. Besides, you can prepare shop drawings automatically, make bolt, nut, and washer positioning effectively and use auto-positioning to help streamline design.
You can make use of country-specific structural detailing templates that come with the software and make structural drawings suitable for local and regional building codes promoted by almost all countries.
The structural analysis module of the software helps you smoothly import structural steel models, and import Revit data – you can also use Revit data to make 2D reinforcement drawings.
You can view concrete foundations as solid objects, and use intelligent structural objects to automatically generate shop drawings and improve data coordination in shop drawing sets.
At CADD Centre, we help you master some of the following ‘structural drafting & documentation’ and ‘structural element design productivity’ features of AutoCAD’s RCC/Structural Detailing software: 3D reinforcement beam design, using weld symbols in drawings, scheduling, customizable detailing and shop drawing, among others. You can engineers, detailers, and fabricators create more precise detailing and fabrication shop drawings for a variety of steel and concrete structures.
- You will learn how to create more precise detailing and fabrication shop drawings for a variety of steel and concrete structures.
- You will know how to use Weld symbols in drawings for creating manual weld definitions. Schedules and material takeoffs to update schedules automatically. Customizable detailing and shop drawing styles to tailor shop drawings with customizable styles.
- You will learn how to make intelligent reinforcement bar definitions, use bar shape codes recognition.
- You will know how to produce schedules and material takeoffs automatically from drawings, or export them to Microsoft Excel or Microsoft Word software.
- You will learn to use customizable detailing and shop drawing styles to more freely adjust the look of final shop drawings with customizable styles for engineers and drafters.